Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hope

I'm not sure if you've noticed but anchors sure are trendy right now.

Before we were called about our first placement I spent a lot of time on Instagram and Pinterest looking for anything I could get my hands on about fostering. There was a lot of waiting to do and I don't wait easily.
I came across a hashtag on Instagram that foster parents were using to connect with one another. It seems they have adopted this verse kind of as a group verse.

It comes from Hebrews chapter 6.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about hope since we've started fostering. There are a lot of things I hope for. There are a lot of things that give me hope. Some of them are very simple and some are very complicated.

Most of all I hope that I love well through the source of hope.

And that is the anchor for my soul. That hope and love.

In this adventure I need an anchor more than ever. Fostering means there is always something happening. Visits with family. Visits in our home. Training hours to make up. Doctor appointments. Screenings for Babies Can't Wait. WIC appointments. Court. Ugh. Court. Panels. Papers to fill out. Papers to turn in. Papers to get refilled out because my name or baby's name is spelled wrong. Lots going on. And then there is the normal stuff of life. Work. School. Church. Family. Friends. Things that are life-giving for me.

Something has to be an anchor.

Hope and love. The hope of love. The promise of hope.

So forgive me if I indulge in the anchor trend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment