Monday, December 9, 2013

We Survived Our First ER Trip

See what had happened was...

We were at my second job (the one with awesome teenagers who are going to change the world) and Susie was talking to the teens upstairs. I was downstairs with Baby S. I put her on the floor (her new favorite place) on a rug and went to shut the door. As soon as I got back in she'd rolled to the other side of the room, lifted up the rug and found paperclips.

She looked at me with one hanging out of her mouth like she was smoking it. I grabbed it. And (remembering all that CPR loveliness) swooped another out of her mouth.

So that little incident earned us a trip to the ER. I called the dr's after hours number and the woman asked the dumbest questions (like if the child was still actively choking- after I told her this happened 2 hours before, and if I knew how many paperclips there had been on the floor). After her pointless questions she said to go have an X-ray.

Baby S was a trooper. For the hours this process took.

Let's just hope that none of us caught anything from the others we had to sit in close close proximity to in a tiny room.

What a great lesson in how fast babies move. One that I wish we hadn't learned - but could have ended so much worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment